Welcome to Bruises Guide
Bruises From Falling Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
You may also listen to this article by using the following controls.
Home Treatment For Bruisesfrom:
Bruises are nasty, unwanted discolorations of the skin that happen following accidental injury or other trauma to the skin. When the blood vessels close to the surface of the skin break, they pool blood that is visible through the skin itself. The resulting blemish is a bruise. While this type of contusion is one that is generally not a cause for concern, many wonder about treatment for bruises.
It is possible to perform some home treatment for bruises that can assist in the healing process. In most cases, bruises will take roughly two weeks to completely go away. In the meantime, home treatment for bruises can help lessen pain, reduce swelling and even reduce the appearance of the injury.
Treatment for bruises is generally a very straightforward operation. As long as bruises are not associated with extreme pain, swelling or complete immobilization of the injured area, it is typically safe to proceed with basic home remedies. To help lessen pain and even speed up the healing process, try:
• Cold compresses. Icing a bruised area can lessen the amount of pain associated with a bruise and reduce swelling. It is typically suggested that ice be applied for no more than 20 minutes at a time.
• Elevating the affected area. Keeping a bruised area elevated can help reduce swelling and even promote the removal of pooled blood. This won't necessarily shave days off the healing process, but it can make the situation better.
• Herbal treatments. Herbal, topical treatments like Witch Hazel can help promote healing. This is an effective treatment for bruises that has been used for ages.
• Warm heat. After a few days' time, warm compresses can be applied to the injured area. This will help promote healing. Make sure the compresses are not too hot, however. This might cause more damage to the skin.
While there are cases where medical advice for bruises is called for, typically doctors have no more options for treatment at their disposal than basic home remedies. Still, there are occasions where seeking medical advice is vital. These include:
• Bruises that appear for no reason.
• Bruises that present very close to the eye.
• Bruising that is associated with an inability to move the impacted area, or even those with swelling that will not reduce.
• Bruises that do not go away over time.
Treatment for bruises is generally very basic. While it can help speed up healing, the passage of time is typically the best overall remedy. It simply takes the body a while to collect the pooled blood and remove it from an injured area.
Bruises From Falling News
Closing arguments wrap up in trial of El Paso man accused of throwing woman from truck - KVIA El Paso
KVIA El Paso
Closing arguments wrap up in trial of El Paso man accused of throwing woman from truck
KVIA El Paso
A witness told detectives that as the pickup approached Oak Street, the passenger door of the vehicle opened and Carrillo punched the woman causing her to fall from the moving vehicle.? ?Carrillo remained on scene and was detained without incident.
Ether Man, the rapist Philip Lamont, unleashed a reign of terror on Brisbane women in 1966 - Herald Sun
Ether Man, the rapist Philip Lamont, unleashed a reign of terror on Brisbane women in 1966
The Courier-Mail reported record sales of locks and safety chains and falling attendances at movies and dances as the Ether Man clocked up repeated rapes. Women did not feel safe walking the streets at night alone. Carmel Healy, a ... On Tuesday June ...
Man to serve two years in neglect case of infant - News Sentinel
Man to serve two years in neglect case of infant
As a result of Crosley not caring for the child, the child sustained bruises to his left cheek and redness around his left eye. Crosley told investigators the baby had fallen off the couch. Crosley also sent several text messages to the baby's mother ...
Childminder tells court of fears over toddler's bruises - STV News
Childminder tells court of fears over toddler's bruises
She noticed the injuries days after he arrived with a bruised forehead and legs which his mother Rachel Trelfa, also known as Rachel Fee, told her was from falling out his cot. Ms Farmer said: "I thought something wasn't right. I thought somebody was ...
Family dog attacked by hawk in Southfield - The Oakland Press
The Oakland Press
Family dog attacked by hawk in Southfield
The Oakland Press
His owners reported finding scars on his body from the bird's talons and believe Benny fractured his jaw after falling back to the ground. Living near a woodsy area, the homeowner noted issues with coyotes they've had in the past, but never expected a ...
Article by WN.com Correspondent Dallas Darling ?You must let suffering speak, if you want to hear the truth.? ? Dr. Cornel West Now that systematic police abuse against blacks are starting to finally be exposed, it should never be forgotten that c...